REQ: I need original installation CD for AIW RAGE 7500 ple..

Ob1

I am in need of this CD as I lost my original and the upgrades at the
ATI site are useless unless you have the original CD which is needed
for the upgrade. As typical with ATI, upgrading is risky at best
since there is no way to know if the new improved upgrade features
will work with everything else installed on the system.

If someone who has this card could post an image of the original
install CD, I would be so appreciative. It seems that this is more of
a discussion group whiich may not allow postings but this post could
be left at any of the other groups suitable for this purpose such ase
alt.binaries.cd.image which is a great one, I would be so thankful.

Again, revisions or updates posted on ATI site are useless unless you
have the original Disk to upgrade. ATI will sell me a replacement
disk for $10.00 plus $10.00 shipping, real generous of them.

Can someone please assist?

OB1

"OB1" <ob1@falcon.com> wrote in message
> I am in need of this CD as I lost my original and the upgrades at the
> ATI site are useless unless you have the original CD which is needed
> for the upgrade. As typical with ATI, upgrading is risky at best
> since there is no way to know if the new improved upgrade features
> will work with everything else installed on the system.
>
> If someone who has this card could post an image of the original
> install CD, I would be so appreciative. It seems that this is more of
> a discussion group whiich may not allow postings but this post could
> be left at any of the other groups suitable for this purpose such ase
> alt.binaries.cd.image which is a great one, I would be so thankful.
>
> Again, revisions or updates posted on ATI site are useless unless you
> have the original Disk to upgrade. ATI will sell me a replacement
> disk for $10.00 plus $10.00 shipping, real generous of them.
>
> Can someone please assist?
>
> OB1

The only thing the original CD is needed for is the DVD player. If you have
another DVD player program you don't need it.

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?type=xp&prodType=graphic&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=2&submit.y=4

The Radeon (not Rage) 7500 uses the standard Catalyst drivers.

BTW, the installation discs for my past two video cards are still in their
sleeves, sealed.

"OB1" <ob1@falcon.com> wrote in message
> I am in need of this CD as I lost my original and the upgrades at the
> ATI site are useless unless you have the original CD which is needed
> for the upgrade. As typical with ATI, upgrading is risky at best
> since there is no way to know if the new improved upgrade features
> will work with everything else installed on the system.
>
> If someone who has this card could post an image of the original
> install CD, I would be so appreciative. It seems that this is more of
> a discussion group whiich may not allow postings but this post could
> be left at any of the other groups suitable for this purpose such ase
> alt.binaries.cd.image which is a great one, I would be so thankful.
>
> Again, revisions or updates posted on ATI site are useless unless you
> have the original Disk to upgrade. ATI will sell me a replacement
> disk for $10.00 plus $10.00 shipping, real generous of them.
>
> Can someone please assist?
>
> OB1

You cannot install the ATI DVD player without an original CD. You don't
need files from the CD, you need the CD itself. The DVD player
installation requires it for "license verification", not for any actual
file or code.

First of One wrote:
> http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?type=xp&prodType=graphic&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=2&submit.y=4
>
> The Radeon (not Rage) 7500 uses the standard Catalyst drivers.
>
> BTW, the installation discs for my past two video cards are still in their
> sleeves, sealed.

True, but all you need is an MPEG2 codec to play DVDs. Something like the
KazaaLite codec pack would have it included (recommended anyway with the
myriad of DivX/XviD/OGG-encoded videos out there).