AIW 9600 and 1080i

I connected a VGA to RGB cable between the VGA 2 connector
on my AIW 9600 to a Mitsubishi HDTV monitor. It displays fine
in 480p but not 1080i.

The horizontal sync period output by the AIW 9600 is about
16 microseconds in either 1080p or 1080i. The period should
be twice that for the interlaced mode.

How do I get the AIW 9600 to output 1080i when the 1080i
mode is selected?????

--
Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"

That older card is NOT compatible with HDTV's.

--
DaveW

> That older card is NOT compatible with HDTV's.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R" <caf@omen.com> wrote in message
> >I connected a VGA to RGB cable between the VGA 2 connector
> > on my AIW 9600 to a Mitsubishi HDTV monitor. It displays fine
> > in 480p but not 1080i.
> >
> > The horizontal sync period output by the AIW 9600 is about
> > 16 microseconds in either 1080p or 1080i. The period should
> > be twice that for the interlaced mode.
> >
> > How do I get the AIW 9600 to output 1080i when the 1080i
> > mode is selected?????
> >
> > --
> > Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
> > Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
> > Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
> > 10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 FAX 629-0665

You should inform ATI of their error immediately!
http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/specs.html

> You should inform ATI of their error immediately!
> http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/specs.html

Guess you missed this little tidbit on the same site/next page:

Multiple component video modes available for use.

a.. The HDTV Component Video Adapter will support:
a.. 480i (interlaced)
b.. 480p (progressive)
c.. 720p
d.. 1080i
Modes can be easily set with switches on the adapter or with the
software provided on the installation CD.

My guess would be a quick view of the Help file will have info on where the
switches are on the adapter and/or what section of the software controls
this setting.

"Chuck U. Farley" <chuckufarleynot@dyslexia.com> wrote in message
> > You should inform ATI of their error immediately!
> > http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/specs.html
>
> Guess you missed this little tidbit on the same site/next page:
>

> Multiple component video modes available for use.
>
> a.. The HDTV Component Video Adapter will support:
> a.. 480i (interlaced)
> b.. 480p (progressive)
> c.. 720p
> d.. 1080i
> Modes can be easily set with switches on the adapter or with the
> software provided on the installation CD.
>
> My guess would be a quick view of the Help file will have info on where
the
> switches are on the adapter and/or what section of the software controls
> this setting.

Just wanted to point out that the 9600 wasn't that old. Guess I was overly
sarcastic. Yesterday was very stressful.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:48:13 -0400, Chuck U. Farley wrote:

>> You should inform ATI of their error immediately!
>> http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/specs.html
>
> Guess you missed this little tidbit on the same site/next page:
>

> Multiple component video modes available for use.
>
> a.. The HDTV Component Video Adapter will support:
> a.. 480i (interlaced)
> b.. 480p (progressive)
> c.. 720p
> d.. 1080i
> Modes can be easily set with switches on the adapter or with the
> software provided on the installation CD.
>
> My guess would be a quick view of the Help file will have info on where the
> switches are on the adapter and/or what section of the software controls
> this setting.

Looks like the only reason I can't get my AIW 9600 to output
1080i is a fascist routine in ATI's driver that ignores the
interlace flag if the extra cost dongle is not detected.

Or else 1080i just doesn't work and ATI forgot to tell anyone.

--

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:48:13 -0400, Chuck U. Farley wrote:
>
>>> You should inform ATI of their error immediately!
>>> http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/specs.html
>>
>> Guess you missed this little tidbit on the same site/next page:
>>

>> Multiple component video modes available for use.
>>
>> a.. The HDTV Component Video Adapter will support:
>> a.. 480i (interlaced)
>> b.. 480p (progressive)
>> c.. 720p
>> d.. 1080i
>> Modes can be easily set with switches on the adapter or with the
>> software provided on the installation CD.
>>
>> My guess would be a quick view of the Help file will have info on where
>> the switches are on the adapter and/or what section of the software
>> controls this setting.
>
> Looks like the only reason I can't get my AIW 9600 to output
> 1080i is a fascist routine in ATI's driver that ignores the
> interlace flag if the extra cost dongle is not detected.
>
> Or else 1080i just doesn't work and ATI forgot to tell anyone.

Or it works in component but not DVI.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

DaveW wrote:

> That older card is NOT compatible with HDTV's.

You never tire of being wrong do you?