VOIP phones with PSTN line also?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.

Does anyone make such a phone?

Steve

Steve wrote:
> For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
> city, it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a
> PSTN connector for the home phone line so the worker can have only
> one phone on their desk.
>
> Does anyone make such a phone?
>
> Steve

Steve,

There is phone's with two incomming analogue lines that could fit your
needs.

/Mats

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Incoming analog PSTN line (or 2), + VOIP (SIP)? Without another gateway?
Build into the phone?

If so, what is it?

Steve

"Mats Karlsson" <kalle@no.sp.ugg-lan.com> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
> > For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
> > city, it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a
> > PSTN connector for the home phone line so the worker can have only
> > one phone on their desk.
> >
> > Does anyone make such a phone?
> >
> > Steve
>
> Steve,
>
> There is phone's with two incomming analogue lines that could fit your
> needs.
>

> /Mats

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
<news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:

>For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
>it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
>for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.
>
>Does anyone make such a phone?

How about something like the Sipura SPA3000. It's an adaptor, rather
than a phone, but it does most of the job.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

peter

-- engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet --

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Nope, not what I want. I want what I said, which is a SIP VOIP phone, that
also has a PSTN line, am wondering if anyone makes such a product.

Steve

"Peter Gradwell" <peter@gradwell.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
> <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:
>
> >For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
city,
> >it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN
connector
> >for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their
desk.

> >Does anyone make such a phone?
>
> How about something like the Sipura SPA3000. It's an adaptor, rather
> than a phone, but it does most of the job.
>
> http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
>
> peter
>
> --
> peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
> -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet --
> -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
<news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:

>For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
>it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
>for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.
>
>Does anyone make such a phone?

Yes and no.

Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm

I'm not sure if the VOIP stands alone.

Carl Navarro

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
certain markets.

Steve

"Andreas Sikkema" <ramdyne@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
> > "Carl Navarro" <cnavarro@wcnet.org> wrote in message >
> >> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
> > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.
>
> Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
> interface:
>
> http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
>
> --
> Andreas

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Yes, there is such a phone, and a dang nice one at that.

http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8916343149.html

Steve <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote:
> I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
> certain markets.
>
> Steve
>

> "Andreas Sikkema" <ramdyne@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> "Steve" <news647@powersystemsdirect.com> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
>> @corp.supernews.com:

>> > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.
>>
>> Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
>> interface:
>>
>> http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
>>
>> --
>> Andreas

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Yes, that would be an example, now if it was just without all the extras
like the 4 port switch, router, etc.

Seems overkill for a guy at home connected to work via VOIP (SIP) and
needing his home phone connected as well.

Steve