Are lost clusters the same as bad clusters.......

So can lost clusters be part of something important then? ie part of a
essential windows program? I will 'save' from now on when norton starts
repairing. Does the windows scan disk program pick up on lost clusters
or am I better off sticking to my norton disk doctor?

--
PSYCHOPIXIE

Lost Clusters can be part of *any* file. But if it's a system file, you
aren't likely to be able to put it back together. The correct procedure
is to extract a new copy from Windows or Internet Explorer Setup files.
(Or from elsewhere, actually--wherever the version of he file you have
came from.)

Windows Scandisk picks up on Lost Clusters just fine.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User