Windows 98 and SE

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:54:39 -0000, "Simon" <showells@ismeca.uk.com>
wrote:

>Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and 98SE...??
>
>Many Thanks..;-)

Only a part of the improvements:

-- Support of the processors faster than 2.1GHz
-- USB support
-- Internet Connect Sharing support
-- Less security holes (what does not mean you haven't install Win98SE
updates -- more that 50 updates total)
-- More stable system

--
Mikhail Zhilin
http://www.aha.ru/~mwz

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Also,

1. USB support for USB 2.0 through 3rd party drivers
2. Better Driver Management
3. Windows Media Player 9 only for 98SE and better
4. Other stuff but this is all that I can think of for now that Mikhail has
not mentioned

"Mikhail Zhilin" <mwz@x.REMOVEx.aha.ru> wrote in message
: On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:54:39 -0000, "Simon" <showells@ismeca.uk.com>
: wrote:
:
: >Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and 98SE...??
: >
: >Many Thanks..;-)
:
: Only a part of the improvements:
:
: -- Support of the processors faster than 2.1GHz
: -- USB support
: -- Internet Connect Sharing support
: -- Less security holes (what does not mean you haven't install Win98SE
: updates -- more that 50 updates total)
: -- More stable system
:
: --
: ======

On 3/8/05 6:24 PM India Time, _Simon_ wrote:

> Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and 98SE...??
>
> Many Thanks..;-)

While we are at it, could someone please tell the
differences between sub version nos. of win98

4.10.2222

4.10.2222A

4.10.2222B

I think that was all, but not sure.

Which one exactly is win98SE?

--
Rawat

Where are you seeing those numbers? I suppose in some places the letter
will not show. But those are all Win98SE... 4.10.2222.

The "Security Update CD" will change an " A " to a "B" (it drops the
spaces) in the Registry key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
SubVersionNumber " A " <<STRING

....& that will show up at certain informational requestors.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"V S Rawat" <VSRawat@HCLInfinet.com> wrote in message
| On 3/8/05 6:24 PM India Time, _Simon_ wrote:
|
| > Could you tell me the main differences between Windows 98 and
98SE...??

| > Many Thanks..;-)
| >

| While we are at it, could someone please tell the
| differences between sub version nos. of win98
|
| 4.10.2222
|
| 4.10.2222A
|
| 4.10.2222B
|
| I think that was all, but not sure.
|
| Which one exactly is win98SE?
|
| --
| Rawat

Hi Dan,,,,,
I meant to catch up with you in another post regarding
system use, but I cant remember the post.
Anyway, and seeing as you are in this top post,
I wanted to ask if you come into this newsgroup via using XP or
via using WIN98?
I am curious to know how many posters here are actually in the
win98 o/s while they post......... seem like a fair question?

regards Jane

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I post in this newsgroup with 98SE because it is my favorite os. I also have
Mozilla Thunderbird loaded and ready to go if a security vulnerability hits
Outlook Express that makes it dangerous to post with the Outlook Express
newsreader.

jane wrote:
> Hi Dan,,,,,
> I meant to catch up with you in another post regarding
> system use, but I cant remember the post.
> Anyway, and seeing as you are in this top post,
> I wanted to ask if you come into this newsgroup via using XP or
> via using WIN98?
> I am curious to know how many posters here are actually in the
> win98 o/s while they post......... seem like a fair question?
>
> regards Jane

This is you Jane.
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106

And this is Dan.
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441

Gathered by Netscape from "unmentionable" in this company OS.

Stanislaw
Slack user from Ulladulla.

I'm trying to understand your aggressive combativeness in this group,
and why it is so important to you that you need to pretend that others
here say or believe things that they simply do not say or believe. Name
one application that is "unmentionable" in this venue. Your last
sentence, below, is entirely gratuitous and has no bearing on the
conversation, since such information can be garnered from the headers of
any news post, using any client.

Actually, your entire response begs the question--how does any of that
information suggest which OS is being used?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User