Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Hi,

Viconia just recently changed her alignment from evil to neutral.
Unfortunately, my save game crashes when I try to leave the pocket
plane. I may go back to an earlier saved game; it's not too far back.

But I have 2 questions. Other than the end game, is there much left
to the romance? And, anyone care to guess the odds an earlier saved
game will not end up crashing like my current one?

Thanks
jeffo

"jeffo" <nospam@forme.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Viconia just recently changed her alignment from evil to neutral.
> Unfortunately, my save game crashes when I try to leave the pocket
> plane. I may go back to an earlier saved game; it's not too far back.

Empty the /cache folder instead, first, rather than going back to an
earlier saved game. That's the usual cause of crashes - corrupted
/cache-folder area files. Deleting the files in /cache means that the
game re-reads a good copy of the relevant file from disk (either the CD
or the hard drive depending on whether you did a minimum or full
install.)

> But I have 2 questions. Other than the end game, is there much left
> to the romance?

There's a few lovetalks left. And I actually did find the ending (the
last conversation before the final ToB battle) genuinely beautiful - in
fact I preferred it to the Jaheira romance.

> And, anyone care to guess the odds an earlier saved
> game will not end up crashing like my current one?

Since it's most likely not to be the *savegame* that is corrupt, an
earlier game will probably have the same problem in the same area.

If deleting the cache files doesn't fix the problem, that's when you
start going back to an older savegame just in case it was the newer
savegame that was corrupt.

Jonathan.

Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:16:03 -0000, "Jonathan Ellis"
<jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>"jeffo" <nospam@forme.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Viconia just recently changed her alignment from evil to neutral.
>> Unfortunately, my save game crashes when I try to leave the pocket
>> plane. I may go back to an earlier saved game; it's not too far back.
>
>Empty the /cache folder instead, first, rather than going back to an
>earlier saved game. That's the usual cause of crashes - corrupted
>/cache-folder area files. Deleting the files in /cache means that the
>game re-reads a good copy of the relevant file from disk (either the CD
>or the hard drive depending on whether you did a minimum or full
>install.)
>
>> But I have 2 questions. Other than the end game, is there much left
>> to the romance?
>
>There's a few lovetalks left. And I actually did find the ending (the
>last conversation before the final ToB battle) genuinely beautiful - in
>fact I preferred it to the Jaheira romance.
>
>> And, anyone care to guess the odds an earlier saved
>> game will not end up crashing like my current one?
>
>Since it's most likely not to be the *savegame* that is corrupt, an
>earlier game will probably have the same problem in the same area.
>
>If deleting the cache files doesn't fix the problem, that's when you
>start going back to an older savegame just in case it was the newer
>savegame that was corrupt.
>
>Jonathan.

Thanks man. Appreciated!

jeffo

"Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

>> But I have 2 questions. Other than the end game, is there much left
>> to the romance?
>
> There's a few lovetalks left. And I actually did find the ending (the
> last conversation before the final ToB battle) genuinely beautiful - in
> fact I preferred it to the Jaheira romance.

Indeed I found Viconia to be a much more... well, how can I put it.
Companionable, and perhaps even more intimate than Jaheira.

Ceo0

Ceowulf <ceo@nospamii.atallnet> wrote:

: Indeed I found Viconia to be a much more... well, how can I put it.
: Companionable, and perhaps even more intimate than Jaheira.

The Jaheira-TOB romance is pretty bad, yes. A couple of good lines, mostly at the end,
punctuated by a bad epilogue.

Fortunately, there's the flirt pack. :)

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:16:03 -0000, "Jonathan Ellis"
<jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>"jeffo" <nospam@forme.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Viconia just recently changed her alignment from evil to neutral.
>> Unfortunately, my save game crashes when I try to leave the pocket
>> plane. I may go back to an earlier saved game; it's not too far back.
>
>Empty the /cache folder instead, first, rather than going back to an
>earlier saved game. That's the usual cause of crashes - corrupted
>/cache-folder area files. Deleting the files in /cache means that the
>game re-reads a good copy of the relevant file from disk (either the CD
>or the hard drive depending on whether you did a minimum or full
>install.)
>
>> But I have 2 questions. Other than the end game, is there much left
>> to the romance?
>
>There's a few lovetalks left. And I actually did find the ending (the
>last conversation before the final ToB battle) genuinely beautiful - in
>fact I preferred it to the Jaheira romance.
>
>> And, anyone care to guess the odds an earlier saved
>> game will not end up crashing like my current one?
>
>Since it's most likely not to be the *savegame* that is corrupt, an
>earlier game will probably have the same problem in the same area.
>
>If deleting the cache files doesn't fix the problem, that's when you
>start going back to an older savegame just in case it was the newer
>savegame that was corrupt.
>
>Jonathan.

No luck with deleting the cache. But with you guys talking here, I'll
be bummed if I can't finish this game after all. I'll have to go back
to a saved game or two and hope for the best.

Thanks
jeffo

TRENDING THREADS