Diplomacy on a PC?

Years ago I picked up an awful version. I can't believe that no one has
created something more up-to-date and could support on-line games. Does such
a thing exist?

"AmazingBollWeevil" <*amazingbollweevil*@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:Xd6md.5117835$6p.827938@news.easynews.com...
> Years ago I picked up an awful version. I can't believe that no one has
> created something more up-to-date and could support on-line games. Does such
> a thing exist?
You can find all programs on:

www.diplom.org

go to 'online resources'.

JDip, Diptool en Palmpolitik are DATC tested, but Realpolitik has
also a good adjudicator.

Regards,

Lucas

"Lucas B. Kruijswijk" <L.B.Kruijswijk@inter.nl.net> writes:

>"AmazingBollWeevil" <*amazingbollweevil*@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:Xd6md.5117835$6p.827938@news.easynews.com...
>> Years ago I picked up an awful version. I can't believe that no one has
>> created something more up-to-date and could support on-line games. Does such
>> a thing exist?
>You can find all programs on:

>www.diplom.org

>go to 'online resources'.

>JDip, Diptool en Palmpolitik are DATC tested, but Realpolitik has
>also a good adjudicator.

>Regards,

>Lucas

But his key point is "supporting on line games" and none of the
simple adjudicators come close to doing that.

Jim-Bob

"Jim Burgess" wrote:
> But his key point is "supporting on line games" and none of the
> simple adjudicators come close to doing that.
What do you mean with "supporting on line games"? Those adjudicators
support reading judge input. Sometimes directly from your mailbox.

Regards,

Lucas

"Lucas B. Kruijswijk" <L.B.Kruijswijk@inter.nl.net> writes:

He's talking about fully running an on-line game, so that you work
from your PC and things you type in a program loaded on your PC
automatically are communicated to your correspondent and you
enter the orders on your PC, and the program links to all seven
PCs of the players and automatically adjudicates the results.
Much beyond a Judge.

Jim-Bob

Lucas B. Kruijswijk wrote:
> "Jim Burgess" wrote:
>
>>But his key point is "supporting on line games" and none of the
>>simple adjudicators come close to doing that.
>
> What do you mean with "supporting on line games"? Those adjudicators
> support reading judge input. Sometimes directly from your mailbox.
>
> Regards,
>
> Lucas

He means a multiplayer computer game version of Diplomacy, rather than a
tool to handle adjudication. The Hasbro version was indeed dire - not
sure if it was ever updated.

Dan

If your looking for computer diplomacy then this piece of news should
be interesting

Paradox Entertainment to develop and publish Diplomacy and Squad
Leader PC Games

Recognizing the strong worldwide awareness of the Diplomacy® and Squad
Leader® brands, Paradox Entertainment AB today announced that it has
licensed the worldwide rights from Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR) and
Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) to develop and publish new PC games based on
the successful Avalon Hill board and video games. The Avalon Hill line
of games is managed by Hasbro's subsidiary, Wizards of the Coast.

Hailed as two of the best known strategy game brands in the world,
Diplomacy® and Squad Leader® have attracted millions of players in
their previous editions. Internal teams at Paradox, known for
specializing in the creation of strategy games, will develop the new
PC games. Past Paradox projects include the award-winning Europa
Universalis®, Hearts of Iron™ and Crusader Kings™.

"We will be working closely with Atari and Wizards of the Coast to
make sure we maximize the potential these brands have. We feel that
Paradox is the right partner to develop the PC Games these brands and
their fans deserve", says Theodore Bergquist, CEO of Paradox
Entertainment.

For more information contact Paradox Entertainment AB
Fredrik Lindgren, Head of Sales and Marketing
Intl phone +46 8 5661 4800
e-mail: fredrik.l@paradoxplaza.com