Fathers day gift!!

Hi all. Just found out what my gift is this year - a Phantom of the
Opera. I know, not that big of a deal, but my wife found it in
"working" condition for $100.00 from a co-worker. I get to pick it up
this Saturday. Just goes to show that there are still a few deals to be
found out there. She knows I'm a EM guy, but figured I would want it
at this price (to me - free). This is the second machine she's found
for me - great wife!!
Can't wait to see what I got!

Indy-gus

Nice, can't beat the deal! I used to enjoy that game back in the day.

Al

i picked up my bally expressway monday, i found it, and my wife
agreed, thats as good as a fathers day present as it gets!!!

ctsteps5

Getting ANY pin is a big deal, or should be! Don't cut yourself short.
Enjoy!

Steve (cargpb10)

Wow! Congrats on both the wife and the great pin deal! :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Wow- all I get are ties and shirts I don't need/like... and maybe the dishes
get done.... sheesh! ;)

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"indy-gus" wrote:
> Hi all. Just found out what my gift is this year - a Phantom of the
> Opera. I know, not that big of a deal, but my wife found it in
> "working" condition for $100.00 from a co-worker. I get to pick it up
> this Saturday. Just goes to show that there are still a few deals to be
> found out there. She knows I'm a EM guy, but figured I would want it
> at this price (to me - free). This is the second machine she's found
> for me - great wife!!
> Can't wait to see what I got!
>
> Indy-gus

congrats on the great find. I sold mine about a year ago...it was a
fun game and you're right about the sound, it sounded great. Art is
great also...I bought a NOS glass from Mayfair for it...it'll be
interesting to see what kind of shape the paint is on the glass...keep
us posted as to condition.

JH

Indy-gus,
CONGRATULATIONS! And Happy Father's Day! Man, that is one HELL
of a deal! A DMD game for $100! I thought I made out like a bandit on
a Grand Lizard for $200. I hope you enjoy it! Make SURE you tell your
wife how much you love her, and the fact that she knows how much you
enjoy pinball!

-Al

Just found out it was in a fire station all it's life. Does that
qualify it as a FSUO?? One can only guess as to its condition. Was
just told I won't be able to pick it up till Sunday night - damn.

Gus

indy-gus wrote:

> Hi all. Just found out what my gift is this year - a Phantom of the
> Opera. I know, not that big of a deal, but my wife found it in
> "working" condition for $100.00 from a co-worker. I get to pick it up
> this Saturday. Just goes to show that there are still a few deals to be
> found out there. She knows I'm a EM guy, but figured I would want it
> at this price (to me - free). This is the second machine she's found
> for me - great wife!!
> Can't wait to see what I got!

It's been a few years since I played one, so I don't remember much
about the game-play other than a slanted ramp-thingy in the upper
right corner, but what I *do* remember is the effective use of true
stereo in the sound system. The sounds from the speakers are
carefully phased so that there is an effect of depth and placement
of the sound source. That really made an impression on me!

--Bob

Bob Ellingson bobe@halted.com
Halted Specialties Co., Inc. http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)

"-Al" <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1118975982.167690.130390
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Indy-gus,
> CONGRATULATIONS! And Happy Father's Day! Man, that is one HELL
> of a deal! A DMD game for $100!

Actually not a DMD Game. It is 16 digit AlphaNumeric. Still a cool game for
a good price though.

--
John Pursglove
Audubon, NJ