Paying Verizon Bill Online??

I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
from my account?

"Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial
payment
> on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
> remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
> from my account?

If by credit card it is almost immediate. If by savings or checking it
states on the site that it can take up to 3-5 days. However many times
I would guess it will be taken within 2 days. So make sure that the
money is there. They have fees for that issue also.

Elector

Depends on the banking institution. Like the other poster mentioned,
sometimes it will post to your account in 2 days while I've seen up to 7
days and sometimes within an hour.

tj
"Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
> on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
> remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
> from my account?

My debit card payment as a Credit card payment went through but my
first payment which I used my bank account info hasnt cleared yet, I
hope it clears soon.
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:38:48 GMT, "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com>
wrote:

>"Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
>> I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial
>payment
>> on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
>> remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
>> from my account?
>
>If by credit card it is almost immediate. If by savings or checking it
>states on the site that it can take up to 3-5 days. However many times
>I would guess it will be taken within 2 days. So make sure that the
>money is there. They have fees for that issue also.
>
>Elector

The dr offers this thought: save the confirmation number, date, time of
your payment. The payment is "posted" to your verizon account instantly.
But the withdrawal from your funds is 3-5 banking days. Pay on-time, read
your bill, check your statements, and enjoy the best of verizon wireless
service. The dr.

Stop here, unless you want the rest of the story when an electronic payment
goes wrong?

The rest of the story: Many banks/people are going to electronic payments:
bank on-line. Some companies who still take paper checks, will "NOT"
process your paper check, but once getting it, use the information on it to
process your check electronically. In both cases you will NOT get a
canceled paper check as evidence. Now here is the real problem: when a
payment gets mis-applied.

Occasionally a payment made electronically is mis-applied, and YOU will be
asked to show evidence of your payment. You'll need to send in a copy of
your bank or credit card statement. Your statement may say "AC-VZ", but not
"what" account you paid, or "what" account you were supposed to have paid.
The burden of proof is on YOU.

In Jan/Feb 2004 we know of four electronic payments made, withdrawn from
their accounts and either: not applied to the account; or not applied to the
correct account. It took 15-60 days to fix. One fix created a new problem:
2 payments were deducted from the bank, but not applied to ANY account.
During the fix, they corrected the 2 payments made and inadvertently ADDED a
3'rd payment, by accidentally taking it away from another customer.

Suggestion:
Payee (that be you/me) : Get the complete confirmation number and save it.
The confirmation number has two not so obvious parts: your account number
followed by a receipt number. Save it in your day planner, check book or
diary. Read your bill and statement.

Payor: (that be verizon) when you do an electronic deduction from someone's
account, would you "add" or "include" a reference number? "AC-VZ WIRELESS
I2KW-E CHECK" is insufficient to show what account is being paid for. (In
My Opinion) It would be in the customer's interest to add CHECK ####### or
CHECK "confirmation number", or CHECK "reference number" to show the account
number that is being associated with the electronic withdrawal. Or how bout
the last 4 digits of the account number being paid.... for confidentiality's
sake.

--
Dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent

If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
you.

"Tyrone Jackson" <tyronjj@hecklers.com> wrote in message news:<SWujc.56890$_Q5.25720@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
> Depends on the banking institution. Like the other poster mentioned,
> sometimes it will post to your account in 2 days while I've seen up to 7
> days and sometimes within an hour.
>
> tj
> "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> > I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
> > on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
> > remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
> > from my account?

I guess I don't understand why anyone would pay by bank drafts
(checks) when a credit card can provide additional security. Most
credit caards have a 20 day or more period of grace too plus a charge
back and other protections. In addition, several cards even give you a
cash back option.

Al

Al Glasser wrote:

> "Tyrone Jackson" <tyronjj@hecklers.com> wrote in message news:<SWujc.56890$_Q5.25720@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
> > Depends on the banking institution. Like the other poster mentioned,
> > sometimes it will post to your account in 2 days while I've seen up to 7
> > days and sometimes within an hour.
> >
> > tj
> > "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> > > I've paid my bill online 2 times, the first time was a partial payment
> > > on my first bill as I'm a new customer and on the 23rd I paid of the
> > > remaining balance. I'm wondering how long before they take the money
> > > from my account?
>
> I guess I don't understand why anyone would pay by bank drafts
> (checks) when a credit card can provide additional security. Most
> credit caards have a 20 day or more period of grace too plus a charge
> back and other protections. In addition, several cards even give you a
> cash back option.

Because not everyone accepts credit cards?

Larry

"Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> Because not everyone accepts credit cards?
>
> Larry

So who takes checks but doesn't accept cc's? We are talking about Verizon,
and paying the bill online (see subject), they certainly do.

Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Because not everyone accepts credit cards?

Because some people don't have good enough credit to maintain open
credit card accounts?

Lawrence Glasser wrote:

> Al Glasser wrote:
> >
> > "Tyrone Jackson" <tyronjj@hecklers.com> wrote in message news:<SWujc.56890$_Q5.25720@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>...
> > > Depends on the banking institution. Like the other poster mentioned,
> > > sometimes it will post to your account in 2 days while I've seen up to 7
> > > days and sometimes within an hour.
> > >
> > > tj
> > > "Natural" <jborrero@NoSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > I guess I don't understand why anyone would pay by bank drafts
> > (checks) when a credit card can provide additional security. Most
> > credit caards have a 20 day or more period of grace too plus a charge
> > back and other protections. In addition, several cards even give you a
> > cash back option.
>
> Because not everyone accepts credit cards?

Duh. You were talking specifically about Verizon, weren't you?

Never mind. <g>

Larry

Peter Pan wrote:

> "Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>
> > Because not everyone accepts credit cards?
> >
> > Larry
>
> So who takes checks but doesn't accept cc's? We are talking about Verizon,
> and paying the bill online (see subject), they certainly do.

One sip of coffee and I realized what I said... See my follow-up post.

Thanks!

Larry

Steven J Sobol wrote:

> Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
> > Because not everyone accepts credit cards?
>
> Because some people don't have good enough credit to maintain open
> credit card accounts?

There ya go!

Larry

(I really need to start drinking coffee *before* I log on. <g>)