VX2250wm-LED Monitor OSD pops up on the screen randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornsoft

Honorable
May 10, 2013
VX2250wm-LED OSD displays on screen randomly. turning the monitor on and off is the only way to clear it off the screen. Then at a random time it comes back on. The monitor is working perfect in all other ways. Is there a way to disable the OSD. I don't need it. All my settings are set the way I will ever need them. It pops up in the audio screen and toggles between mute and Audio volume. Since it toggles back and forth, the 15 sec timer don't get a chance to auto clear it. I hate to pitch a monitor that has a beautiful LED screen but even though it happens about 5 times an hour, it is very frustrating. I could use all the help I can get.

bornsoft

Honorable
May 10, 2013
I called Viewsonic and they solved my problem. For those who have this problem, here is the solution.
Turn off your monitor and unplug it. Press and hold in the power switch in the front for more than 30 sec.
Release the power switch and plug the monitor back in. Turn on the monitor. Problem should be solved.
It seems this must be a hard reset if things go astray with the monitor. It solved my problem and I hope
it solves anybody else who has this problem. It might even solve the same problem with other monitors.

L3pr3chaun

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
@bornsoft

I have been putting up with this issue for 5 months now. I have been randomly searching on and off for a solution. This is awesome, it fixed the issue right away. Thanks so much for sharing the fix. Too many times I find my exact issue only to find that the answer is "fixed" or there is no answer at all.
-Brent

AnaB29

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
Yippee!!!
I've had this monitor for 1.5 years and the problem kept 'popping up' at random times. I would just leave it unplugged for 10 mins and the menu would disappear, only to reappear at some other inopportune moment.

This solution worked though, so far no return of the menu.

Thanks,
Ana

skipdashu

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009

This worked on my ASUS 24" also!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.